Button photo DTC.png  photo DT.png Button Button Button Button Button
Button

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Distress Stickles with Markers

 
 
 
Happy Thursday!!
 
Tonya here with a quick tutorial using one of my favorite techinques:
 
Distress Stickles and Distress Markers
 
 
I love using my Distress Stickles.  They are a more muted tone compared to the regular Stickles. 
But sometimes they just do not have enough color for my projects.  So, after the Stickles dry, I use the brush end of my distress marker to color the up a bit.  You could also use a paint brush or an applicator to apply ink from a distress pad.  The color will not be as rich as the markers.  The markers color is a bit more concentrated than the pads. 
 

 
 
Here is a sample I created with distress Stickles with and without marker. 
 
(left to right - Bundled Sage, Spun Sugar, Milled Lavendar, Barn Door, Vintage Photo)
The top row is with marker, as the bottom is without. 
 
 
 
 
Here is a close up of Spun Sugar...
 
                               Without Marker                                            With Marker
 
 
 
 
Another close up - Barn Door
 
                           Withouth Marker                                          With Marker
 
The markers give the Stickles a richer, deeper color.  It does not take away from the distress look or soft sugar crystal like texture. 
 
 
I love to use this technique on many items, such as die cuts and borders on photo mats.
 
 
Hope this tutorial, as all our others, inspire your crafty side. 
 
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. I keep thinking that I "need" to get the distress markers.....hmmm..... Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete