Button photo DTC.png  photo DT.png Button Button Button Button Button
Button

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Tips & Techniques Thursday: Embossing and Stickles

  
Hey ATS fans! Tonya here today with a great little tutorial using Stickles and an embossing folder to make a card background.   

For this technique, the Stickles need to be dry. I started by painting a 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 piece of cardstock with Antique Bronze Distress Stickles


I let it dry about 4 hours. That seems like a long time, especially when you're anxious to see the finished result! :) But, letting the Stickles fully dry before continuing really does help.  

Once the Stickles were finally dry (stupid humidity!), I ran the cardstock through an embossing folder. 


(When doing this, make sure that the pattern will be raised on the same side of the paper the Stickles are on - the embossed side).


My plan for this background was to have the Stickles collected in the recessed areas of the embossed pattern.  To do this, I sanded the raised areas.


 The sanding may not sand off all the Stickles, but it will remove a large amount. 


Lastly, I inked the raised edges and swiss dots with fluid chalk to highlight the pattern and the Stickles.


My finished card......


Think I will be giving this card to my hubby for Father's Day. I love how Distress Stickles, even though they're glitter, can be used on masculine projects!  =)



2 comments:

  1. Witaj-u Ciebie zawsze pięknie i pomysłowo.Lubię tu zaglądać.Pozdrawiam Jola z Dobrych Czasów

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I love this! I can't wait to try it myself!

    ReplyDelete