Button photo DTC.png  photo DT.png Button Button Button Button Button
Button

Monday, September 9, 2013

Mixed Media Monday: Appreciation



Hi, it's Ann, Im back.  A big thank you to Karen N. for filling in for me last week,  she does lovely work!  So the wrist is on the mend and this is what I put together for this week.  In the spirit of the present linky party theme: Appreciation, I made some more cards with my mixed media techniques and a box to put them in.  My  intention was to give this as a gift to say Thanks.  The recipient would then have his/her own box of hand made cards to give to other recipients.  The gift that keeps on giving.



Two weeks ago I posted a card I made using various medias, I then used some of the left overs to make some more cards.  As you can see in the picture above I made a Thank you card by punching out letters from the gelatos and ink coloured hand made paper and gluing them to a pre made card.  I made the box to hold the cards from a thick card stock.  The base of the box is reinforced with thick cardboard and the feet are large pushpins.



The cover of the box was sprayed with inks and I used a stencil (Tattered Angels).  By flipping the stencil over on the edges of the box I also stamped the positive image in a distressed manner.




There was more spritzing of inks (Dylusions, Tattered Angels, Ranger), some paint(Liquitex, Americana) and water to achieve the desired look.  When everything was dry I applied stickles (Aqua and Lavender).

Thanks for stopping by. Don't forget to pop over to the Linky Party and share your own creations.





No comments:

Post a Comment