Button photo DTC.png  photo DT.png Button Button Button Button Button
Button

Monday, October 7, 2013

Mixed Media Monday: Jewelry with Bling


Time for Mixed Media Monday with me, Ann, from the blog Annmakes.  Our theme  is still "Think Pink".  I love that colour, ever since having my two boys and my house being inundated by masculine colours I found that if I buy pink items for my own use the boys tend to not use them.  It is a great way to make sure they don't use my scissors, my tools for repairing things around the house and even my pink covered electronics. They prefer to use and loose dad's stuff!   Ha ha ha.

Last weekend I was at a wonderful crop (Scrapbook & Cards Today) and we made these really cute necklaces, I purposefully chose the pink paper for mine.  Now what is so perfect about these is the STICKLES!.  That's right we used "Diamonds" in the form of Stickles to jazz up our jewelry.  All it took was a dab of glossy accents and a dab of Stickles to bring out the bling.  Plus the combination made for a good way to adhere the glass dome to the base.  I got a lot of positive comments on my pretty necklace and so I wanted to share it with you this week.




(I apologize that the photograph does not show just how pretty the Stickles make this necklace.  It is very difficult to capture sparkly goodness on camera.)

So there you go another reason to love those little bottles of greatness!

I hope that you are inspired to make some jewelry yourselves, it was a lot easier than it looks.

Thanks for stopping by.





2 comments:

  1. I LOVE your necklace, a true GEM!!! I can't find a good way to get that glittery goodness to show up in pictures either. But I know it's there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous necklace! I love the pink and black combo and the butterfly is perfect. I would definitely wear this!

    Rachel x

    ReplyDelete