Button photo DTC.png  photo DT.png Button Button Button Button Button
Button

Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Pile Up Wednesday: Thank You Cards


Hello Stickles Lovers! Welcome to Wednesday!!!! Cathy here from the ATS Design Team bringing you another Pile Up Wednesday. Today I have two Thank You cards to share. I used the same basic materials and colors and used two different application techniques of Stickles. Here's a side by side of the cards. You can see I used a basic masking technique to create the border of leaves and then stamped the sentiment. Just click on the pictures to see a larger image for the details.

The inks and stamps are from Stampin' Up (ink: Cherry Cobbler, Crushed Curry, Soft Suede; stamps: Magnificent Maple and Sassy Salutations).

In the first card, I used Distress Stickles to accent the leaves (Fired Brick, Scattered Straw, and Frayed Burlap).
Here's a close up of the leaves. Since Distress Stickles are thicker than the standard, I scribbled a few lines on top of the leaves and used the tip of the bottle to spread out the liquid. When it dried, you get the look below. 

The second card I used Standard Stickles (Burgundy, Yellow, and Cinnamon).
The standard Stickles have a finer tip so I was able to draw a fairly accurate outline along the lines in the image. Once dried, the glitter is shinier than the Distressed versions.

Here's a side by side of the close ups so you can see how you can get a different effect from using different application techniques and styles of Stickles. The Distressed version is on top, the Standard version on the bottom.

This was really a mini pile up since I only used 3 different colors of Stickles on each card, but I did use a LOT of Stickles on the cards. I hope I inspired you and that you will join my Stickles Pile Up movement and share your creation. 

There's still time to play in our Let's Talk Turkey Linky Party. Come join the party!

Thanks for coming to the Pile Up! I'll see you with another creation in a fort night.

~ Cathy, ATS Design Team

No comments:

Post a Comment